Thursday, January 23, 2014

Day 19: A snowy day and a dog.

My friends to the east will think, "Yeah, big deal."  But for us,a snow day is a rarish treat.  We got about 4 inches last night that will likely melt in the next 2 days.  It's loose and fluffy, a blanket of lovely white that lays across the land.

Yesterday the sun shone bright, as it does most days.  There was a bit of a cold snap after the sun set beyond the mountains, but that's to be expected.  I hear about the rain at home, on the Westcoast, and think how lucky we are to get this experience of 320 days a year of sun for 4 years.  There is nothing like a sunny day to lift the spirits.

Right now we are fostering a dog.  I acted on a whim, wanting dog energy without the long-term commitment, dragging my eye-rolling family along for the ride.  I don't know how good of a fosterer I'll be.  I already feel the tug at my heart strings, and the sadness at letting somedog go.  I remind myself that we are doing a good thing by teaching her about love, that it's out there and possible.  But, it sure would be easy to keep her, and the next and the next until we had a farm or a zoo.  Poor dear souls.  There are so many of them out there.


No comments:

Post a Comment