Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Beginning.


“For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning."
~ T.S. Eliot

Today is a New Year.
I said I would sleep in but the habit of waking early with the sun was too strong,
to go to the farm, to get things done,
to be One with the goats and the chickens and the rabbits,
despite the cold,
despite flurries,
in the orange glow of a new day...

The End.

I passed the torch, for today.
And reflect on this past year and the next.

And after I crashed into a mailbox and she gave me a bottle of wine.
4:44 The Universe said.
A sign.
That everything is OK.
To trust
To Believe.

"Enjoy in small bits." she said
Just a glass.

These were the first words,
in another voice.
Turning not so good into a celebration.

The beginning.



No comments:

Post a Comment